Organizations use a variety of fonts in their templates but some fonts used may not be in the system. However, users can enable custom fonts by either uploading the font to the Content Library or embedding the font in Word.
Custom Fonts that are uploaded into the Content Library are available for use in Theme Builder.
Supported Font Formats
Content Library supports the following font formats:
- TrueType Font (TTF)
- TrueType Collection (TTC)
- OpenType (OTF)
If you want to use a web font (for example, from Google or Adobe etc) then you must download it into a single TTF file.
This is especially useful for cloud deployments.
- Open the custom fonts file and and install the custom font in your local machine.
- Create the template which will be used as a template for SmartIQ project with the custom font text.
- Add the custom fonts to the Content Library:
- Option 1: Upload the font to the Content Library.
When naming the content library item, use the full font filename such as "ALGER.TTF" so the generation engine can locate it. This process supports PDF generation from Excel, Powerpoint and Word document templates.
- Option 2: Embed the font in the Word document by clicking File > Options > Save and enabling Embed fonts in the file.
- Ensure any placeholders that should use the embedded font, are set to that font.
- Create a new project in SmartIQ which will be using this Word template.
- Add the Word template to the project and publish. The published document should show the custom font.
Updated about 1 year ago