The following table shows the recommended maximum number of entities that are supported in SmartIQ.
Although it is possible to work with numbers greater than these, you may experience degradation in performance if the recommended number of entities are exceeded.
Always consider the impact of repeaters on these numbers during project design. If a user can add an uncontrolled number of documents, pages or other optional items during form run time, this could significantly impact performance.
Ensure that you consider the complexity of calculations and transformations that SmartIQ is performing on input data. In particular, data connections of any type, in or relating to nested repeaters can result in exponentially large numbers of calculations causing extreme performance impacts. SmartIQ is not a calculation engine and high performance calculations or transformations should be performed using the Microsoft Excel Calculation data connection or external calculation engines such as SQL Server or other middleware.
The numbers are typically isolated and each maximum represents the largest number of entities that the system can handle, assuming all other entities are not also at, or anywhere near, their maximum number. If two or more functions are combined, we recommend reducing the numbers even further to optimize performance.
|Project file size – Import/Export||50 MB|
|Size of uploaded data connection default data||5 MB|
|Project Sync Pack size – Import/Export||50 MB|
|Number of Attributes/Claims federated in a SAML SSO Token||30|
|Number of User Custom Fields||5|
|Maximum total file size of uploaded items per form||100 MB|
|Maximum file size of individual uploaded items||25 MB|
|Maximum Content Item file size||25 MB|
|Documents included in a project1||20|
|Number of included Content Library items2||20|
|Number of Upload questions (including repeated instances)||20|
|Email Size||10 MB|
|Total number of emails generated by a single project at any time||10|
|Maximum duration of repeating email escalations||1 month|
|Project Fragments included in a project‡||25|
|Levels of nested Project Fragments‡||3|
|Number of pages in a project‡||30|
|Maximum number of inputs to a Fragment‡||10|
|Number of active Actions on Finish‡ 3||20|
|Action Retry and Wait time limit‡ 4||15 sec|
|Data Connection questions included in a project‡||50|
|Number of Data Connection on a page or Dashboard project‡||5|
|Rows returned/displayed by a Data Connection question‡||1000|
|Maximum Data Grid refreshes per page per minute5||2|
|Maximum display columns in a Data Grid||20|
|Results per page in a Data Grid||50|
|Maximum items in a Drop-down List6||20|
|Number of concurrent API calls to external systems per page||5|
|Levels of nested Repeating Sections in a project‡||3|
|Number of Repeating Sections driven off a Data Connection ‡||3|
|Number of states in a workflow‡||20|
|Number of actions on a workflow transition‡||10|
|Number of simultaneous open workflows‡||1000|
|Number of concurrent escalations on workflow tasks‡||2000|
|Number of response metadata fields||5|
|Number of simultaneous scheduled task runs‡||4|
|Generation retention period||365 days|
|Workflow retention period||365 days|
|Audit log retention period||365 days|
|Event log retention period||90 days|
|Maximum project version history||100 versions|
|Temporary file storage period||24 hours|
|Minimum cache refresh rate||1 hour|
|Maximum database rows to be cached per data object||10000|
‡ Variable recommendations
These limitations relate to the basic setup. It is possible to improve the performance of the values marked with an ‡ by increasing the capabilities of the application server and/or database server.
- Note 1 Document size can impact this limit. Where document size is very small, the limit may be higher. However, for large documents, the limit may be much smaller.
- Note 2 Documents and Content Library items may overlap and impact each other, particularly if the files are large.
- Note 3 It is possible to include more actions on the Finish however this is the limit on the number that should be active for execution at the same time using conditions.
- Note 4 This is the multiplication of the wait period and the retry count. Where the form generation is not interactive or the user is not waiting for completion this could be increased and the Redirect to Home combined with the unchecked Wait for Project to Finish Processing option can be used to allow for longer or more retries without impacting the user experience.
- Note 5 This is an aggregate for the Data Grids on a page. For example, 3 data grids on a page with a 1 minute refresh time equates to 1 datagrid with a 20 second refresh time. This excludes the initial load of the page.
- Note 6 For accessibility and improved load times use an alternative display method for longer lists eg: Auto Complete
Updated about 2 months ago