Although converting a project between content and fragment subtypes is not officially supported by SmartIQ the following manual change can be applied.
- Export the project you wish to convert to an IXPKG file to a temporary location.
- An IXPKG file is actually a zip file with a different extension, change the file’s extension to .zip this will allow it to be opened as a zip archive.
- Open the zip archive file and extract its contents to a temporary location.
- Navigate to this folder, locate and open the archive’s projects definition file (i.e. the one with a GUID filename) in the root.
- Locate the child of the element. It should be towards the start of the file. A content project will have a template TemplateTypeId value of ‘1’. Change the value to 4 for a fragment page or 5 for a fragment section.
<HeaderInfo> <TemplateGuid>6e3d7c8e-0ad9-4ce4-8982-7f92c9cbd3a2</TemplateGuid> <Name>Convert</Name> <TemplateTypeId>1</TemplateTypeId> <Compatibility>2014</Compatibility> <ContentBookmark /> <LayoutQuestionsFirst>False</LayoutQuestionsFirst> </HeaderInfo>
- Save the XML file and create a new zip archive containing these two files. Ensure that you give it the same filename as before. You do not have to change the file extension back to ixpackage.
- Re-import the project to test.
Updated over 2 years ago