The easiest method of troubleshooting is to validate to the produce website in the server SmartIQ is installed
Errors in the connection string result in the following errors.
An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.
System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: The EXECUTE permission was denied on the object 'spConnectorSettings_RegisterSettingsType', database 'master', schema 'dbo'.
Validate the connection String.
A UDL File can be created to validate the connection string.
Validation the connection String using UDL file
- Create a file with the extension udl.
- Open the file by double clicking.The file should open in "OLE Core Services". If the file opens in another program use open with to select OLE Core services.
- Specify the details to connect to the database.
- Test the connection. You should be able to successfully connect to the database.
- Close the window.
- Open the UDL file using a text editor and copy the connection string.
- This connection string needs to be applied to SmartIQ using IIS Manager or by editing web.config.
Updated 11 months ago