Contact your sales representative if you are interested in obtaining a license for the OData module for your SmartIQ instance.
Create a new Data Connector in SmartIQ to consume RESTful APIs using the OData version 4 protocol.
Go to Manage > Data Connections > New Data Connection and select OData Connection Type from the drop-down menu.
In the New Data Connection screen, configure the following:
- Specify the name of the data connection and select OData as the Connection Type.
- Select the OData setting from the drop-down menu.
- In Connection Attributes, specify values that will overwrite a specific setting for a particular data connection. For example,
If left blank, the data connection will use the values configured in Manage > Settings.
OData supports username and password authentication as well as bearer tokens. To use a bearer access token, add a
bearer=[AccessToken]as a parameter in the Connection Attributes and set the Credentials to "No credentials required".
- Configure the Credentials.
- Click Test Connection to verify connection with the endpoint.
- Click Save.
- Click New Data Objects and start typing the data object name and you will get an auto-complete of the available objects. Select the one you want.
- Specify a display name.
- Click Save.
- Configure which fields are available to be filtered and displayed within Design.
- Fields that start with a forward slash / indicate that it's a navigation properties on the field. Navigation Properties can be nested down to the maxNavigationDepth. For example,
- Fields separated with a period(.) indicate a complex type. For example,
Address.State, Address.City, Addresss.Street
- Fields that end with square brackets  indicate a collection and can be set up as a hierarchical data structure.
Updated about 2 months ago